The Northern Virginia Outrach was formed when a member of the Washington DC church, Solomon Olubiyi, residing in NOrthern viriginia, began
ministering to the clients and friends who frequented his auto repair shop. He saaw a hunger for the Gospel in the hearts of these poeple and
relayed this information to the pastor, Reverend Josephine McElveen. She prayed about the spiritiual need in this location and then talked
to the district superintendent about the possibility of starting an outreach ministry in Northern Virginia. It was decided that a work in that
area would begin as an extension of the D.C. church.
Milestones for the Northern Virginia Work
With tremendous support from the D.C. congregation and regular evangelistic outreach efforts, the fellowship, experienced many
milestones and victories.
- First Fellowship Service at Browns Chapel on Sunday November 4, 2007
• Services schedule included, Sunday evening services from 6:00pm – 8:00pm at Browns Chapel in Reston, VA
and Bible Study at the Reston Lake Ann Community Center on Wednesday at 7:00pm.
• Evangelical Work Every Saturday
- Fellowship at Browns Chapel and Bible Study at Lake Ann Community Center
• God continued to perform wonders as people received answers to prayers
First Picnic was held at Lake Fairfax Park in Reston, VA
• Two Reston members testified to salvation and sanctification
• Started Cottage Prayer Meetings
• Second Anniversary Service was held on December 9 2009
• Rev. Jonathan Amakiri now Cross Rivers State Overseer in Nigeria assisted with the work
Two regular fellowship participants were married in Browns Chapel by the pastor.
• First Prayer Revival Service Conducted for friends and family
Commenced Bible Study via The Webinar
• First Youth Revival Service
• Brother Femi Shodeinde relocated from North Carolina to assist with the Reston work
• The work continued and progressed with signs and wonders following
• Church van full of visitors commute every Sunday from Reston to Washington DC church
Picnic was held in September
• Prison inmate got converted in prison through mother’s and saints’ prayers
• Fifth Anniversary in December - Rev. Ron Gaddis (Richmond, VA) Guest Speaker
• Christmas Caroling was held in Reston Town Center and has continued every Christmas season since then
Special Prayer Revival Service Held in January
• Eleven members attended the Deer Park Retreat in New York, three were saved and one re-anointed. Bro. Kazeem Olanrewaju relocated from Iowa to assist in the work.
• An aged woman with elephantiasis was healed
• Commenced Series of movies as a means of evangelism
• Church Van was purchased for the Reston work
Prayer Revival was held in January and about 50 were in attendance
• Reston Children Activity was held in April many children were in attendance
• Reston Annual Concert was held about 45 were in attendance, especially seniors
• Worker reunited with spouse from Nigeria and another worker got happily married.
Open Air service in public and residential areas with Spanish interpretation
• One of our members was water baptized at the DC church
• A young man who was involved in drugs gave his life to Christ, he subsequently secured a job and planning to return to school.
• Acquisition of new facility for morning worship
With gratitude to the Almighty God we were able to secure a cost effective facility in Reston which is very close to where the majority of our members resides.
• Dedication of the Glades Building on January 10 about 95 were in attendance.
• Sunday School and morning Devotional Service commenced in January 2016 on the 1st, 2nd and 3rd Sundays of each month.
• Dedication of Altar Benches.
• Children Revival Service held.
• First baby shower and first baby dedication
• First Mothers’ and Fathers’ day service
• First Ordinance Service
• Another faithful worker from Nigeria, Brother Samuel Oni, joined the work in Reston
January 22 - 10th Anniversary of Northern Virginia Outreach with about 95 people were in attendance.
• Rental contract was renewed to include worship services on 4th Sundays.
• Growth in attendance is very encouraging to workers.
Weekly Attendance - peak attendance of 25
• Special Programs peak attendance of 95
Encourage and pray for All the attendees seek and get their Christian experiences
• Plan to Focus more on Bible Fundamentals and Doctrines in Our Bible Study and Sunday School
• Promote and Encourage attendance at Camp Meetings, Retreats and Revivals
• More Gospel Workers
• Evangelistic outreach – Winning Northern Virginia for Christ.